GO TO: Information Center | About Your Bill | Applications & Permits | FAQWater Rate Schedule

Nov 10, 2022

Financial Assistance

Low-Income Homes May be Eligible for $1,000 Towards their Water Bill

Available through the Hawaii Department of Human Services, the Low-Income Home Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) provides water and wastewater assistance to needy Hawaii households by assisting with a one-time payment toward their water or wastewater bill. For more information, see the program information packet. Information in the packet is effective October 1, 2022.

The Windward Oahu Homeowner Assistance Grant Offers Up to $1,000 Per Qualifying Individual

Hawaiian Community Assets has more than $100,000 to help Windward Oahu residents pay their monthly bills. The Windward Oahu Homeowner Assistance Grant offers up to $1,000 per person (80% AMI and below). The grant may be used for utility bills, car repairs, car registration, cell phone service, and to pay down personal loans made to pay off past utilities. The grant is paired with free financial counseling, done either virtually or in person. Apply before the end of 2022. See grant flyer for contact information for HCA's financial opportunity centers statewide.

Struggling to Pay Your Rent and/or Utility Bills?

The City’s Rental and Utility Relief Program's portal was temporarily re-opened on Monday, October 3, 2022. Information about the program, eligibility and the application process is available online at oneoahu.org/renthelp. The application portal closed as of Thursday, November 10, 2022.

Want to Establish a Monthly Payment Plan with BWS?

If you are unable to pay your bills, please call (808) 748-5070 as soon as possible and speak with a customer service representative about setting up a payment arrangement. You can also submit your request:

For more information on commonly asked questions, click on the headings below.

Payment Options

Customer Request Forms

New Water Service / Segregation of Water Services

The lobby of the Public Service Building is open for walk-in payments and for appointment-only customer service. Please call (808) 748-5460 to schedule an appointment for in-person assistance for only New Water Services, and Segregation of Water Services.

- Visit the BWS Website: BWS Permits & Applications
- Call BWS Service Engineering: (808) 748-5460

Building Permit Review

Please fill out the Permit Review Drop-Off form for Building Permit Applications, Trenching Permit Applications, New Water Services, and other water meter-related applications. Forms are available online at BWS Permits & Applications. For more information, BWS Service Engineering: (808) 748-5460.

Drop off all related reviews at 630 South Beretania Street, Monday - Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Updated: 11/10/2022