Mark Your Calendars for Ka Wai Wednesdays
February 8 & 15
(Water Conservation Contest)
Join us on Instagram (@BWSHonolulu) for Ka Wai Wednesdays. A contest designed to test your knowledge about water conservation and xeriscape plants.
Here's how to participate: We will post a multiple-choice conservation trivia question on the Board of Water Supply's (BWS) Instagram page (@BWSHonolulu) on Wednesday, February 8, and February 15, 2023, at 2 PM. The first two participants to answer it correctly within the hour are eligible to win.
Prizes: One of four 55-gallon rain barrels and a Board of Water Supply swag bag.
For more information about the contest, please call 808-748-5041 or email email@example.com.
Conserving water starts with you. By making a few changes, you can lower your water bill and protect our most valuable resource, water. This includes detecting and repairing leaks, such as leaky toilets/dripping faucets, taking shorter showers (not baths), checking your outdoor sprinkler system, installing low-flow water devices, using a hose with a shutoff nozzle, and not irrigating between 9 AM and 5 PM. Join us in the effort to conserve water.
CAMPAIGN RULES AND GUIDELINES (KA WAI WEDNESDAYS)
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who follow the Honolulu Board of Water Supply on Instagram and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of the Board of Water Supply, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: A unique multiple choice conservation trivia question will be posted on the Board of Water Supply’s Instagram page, Wednesday, February 8, 2023, and Wednesday, February 15, 2023 at 2:00 p.m., Hawaii Standard Time. Participants must submit their answer within 60 minutes in order to be eligible. There will a total of two winners at 2:00 p.m. each day of the contest.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) may receive one of the following prize packs. Actual/appraised value of each prize may differ at time of award:
|Prizes Pack (combined retail value: $67.96)
- 55-gallon rain barrel water catchment system.
- BWS knapsack bag, including shower timers, magnets, and pens.
- The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Honolulu Board of Water Supply. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the Board of Water Supply’s discretion. The prizes are nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Agencies to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winners will be selected by a member of the Board of Water Supply within 30 minutes of the 60-minute deadline to submit an answer to the trivia question on Instagram. Prizes only will be awarded to the first two correct responses received during the 60-minute window for each question. If no correct responses are received during the eligible time frame, no prizes will be awarded for the posted trivia question. Ties will be broken based on time and order of receipt. Winners will then be notified about their winnings via Instagram messenger. The Board of Water Supply shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time the award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited. Winners must make arrangements to pick up their prizes at the Honolulu Board of Water Supply, 630 South Beretania Street, Honolulu HI 96843 USA , Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Hawaii Standard Time (excluding holidays), no later than Wednesday, March 15, 2023. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE BOARD OF WATER SUPPLY’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that anyone acting on behalf of the Board of Water Supply, and the licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- Copyright: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Board of Water Supply. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Board of Water Supply from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which it may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: The Board of Water Supply reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond their control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. They reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. They have the right, in their sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the Board of Water Supply reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Board of Water Supply and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITED STATES AND HAWAII, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Hawaii having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s names or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Honolulu Board of Water Supply, c/o Communications Office – Ka Wai Wednesdays Conversation Contest Campaign, 630 South Beretania Street, Honolulu HI 96843 USA. Requests must be received no later than Friday, March 6, 2023, at 4:30 p.m. Hawaii Standard Time.
- Promotion Hosting: The Campaign hosted by the Board of Water Supply is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.