GO TO: Contact BWS | Government Agency Contacts | Report Water Waste Form

Let Us Know — Report Water Waste

Whenever you see water being wasted – a broken water pipe, a malfunctioning irrigation sprinkler, a faucet left running, or something similar – please contact us. BWS employees will follow up on the issue and see that it is corrected.

BWS Water Waste Hotline:

What Information to Provide:

  1. Type of water waste occurring
  2. Location of the problem (an address or nearest possible address)
  3. Any additional information you might have about the water waste

Water Waste Involving a Government Agency

If the water waste involves a government agency, here is a list of various contact telephone numbers that you can call if you would like to bring the situation to the agency's attention.

General Water Waste Complaints

Board of Water Supply

Online: report water waste
Email: contactus@hbws.org
Phone: (808) 748-5041

City Parks and Roadways (sprinklers, streets)

District 1: East Honolulu (Hawaii Kai to McCully) (808) 768-8944
District 2: West Honolulu (Makiki to Aiea) (808) 768-9292
District 3: Leeward (Pearl City to Makaha to Wahiawa) (808) 768-6889
District 4: Windward (Waialua to Waimanalo) (808) 768-8980
See a full list of City park contact information.

State of Hawaii

Transportation (freeways, state roads) Day: (808) 831-6714
Night: (808) 485-6200
Transportation (Honolulu Harbor & Barbers Point) (808) 587-2077
Land and Natural Resources (State Parks)  (808) 587-0300
See a full list of State park contact information.  

Updated: 06/09/2022

Water Waste Report
Type of Waste*:

Provide the address or nearest possible address.
(limit: 250 characters)
Provide as much detail as possible to pinpoint the location.
(limit: 1,000 characters)
Optional: paste longitude and latitude coordinates.
Optional: upload up to 3 files, photos, or video clips.
(Accepted: pdf, doc/docx, gif, jpg/jpeg, png, wav, wma, wmv, mp3, mp4, mpg/mpeg, mov)
My Information
Contact Me*:

( ) -

Updated: 11/02/2022