GO TO: Information Center | About Your Bill | Applications & Permits | FAQWater Rate Schedule

Mar 18, 2024

Financial Assistance

Hawaii Low-Income Home Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP)

The Board of Water Supply is supporting efforts by the State of Hawaii Department of Human Services (DHS) and Promise, a private company, to notify low-income household clients that they qualify for federally funded water bill payment assistance, as determined by the DHS. Qualified DHS clients who are also BWS customers are receiving texts from (808) 736-4464 informing them that they are eligible for assistance. Funds come from the federal Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP). For more information, please review the Frequently Asked Questions found on the Hawaii LIHWAP website.

Rent Utility and Relief Program

Information about the City & County of Honolulu’s Rental and Utility Relief Program is available on the Revitalize Oahu website, https://www.revitalizeoahu.org/renthelp. The application portal is currently closed while staff processes new applications received at in-person events held on January 13, 2024, and January 17, 2024.

Want to Establish a Monthly Payment Plan with BWS?

If you are unable to pay your bills, please call (808) 748-5070 as soon as possible and speak with a customer service representative about setting up a payment arrangement. You can also submit your request:

For more information on commonly asked questions, click on the headings below.

About the Water Rates

Payment Options

Customer Request Forms

New Water Service / Segregation of Water Services

The lobby of the Public Service Building is open for walk-in payments and for appointment-only customer service. Please call (808) 748-5460 to schedule an appointment for in-person assistance for only New Water Services, and Segregation of Water Services.

- Visit the BWS Website: BWS Permits & Applications
- Call BWS Service Engineering: (808) 748-5460

Building Permit Review

Please fill out the Permit Review Drop-Off form for Building Permit Applications, Trenching Permit Applications, New Water Services, and other water meter-related applications. Forms are available online at BWS Permits & Applications. For more information, BWS Service Engineering: (808) 748-5460.

Drop off all related reviews at 630 South Beretania Street, Monday - Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.